El siguiente video muestra una de las más famosas “pi songs”, en la que se recitan los decimales de pi, según van apareciendo:
También tenemos la opción de trabajar vocabulario relacionado con la geometría de la circunferencia:
- A circle is a round, two dimensional shape that looks similar to the letter ‘O’.
- A straight line from the center of a circle to the edge is called the radius.
- A straight line that passes from one side of a circle to the other through the center is called the diameter.
- The distance around the outside of a circle is called the circumference.
- All points on the edge of a circle are the same distance to the center.
- The value of Pi (π ) to 2 decimal places is 3.14, it comes in handy when working out the circumference and area of a circle.
- The circumference of a circle can be found with the following formula: Circumference = π d
- The area of a circle can be found with the following formula: Area = π r²
- An arc is part of the circumference of a circle.
- A chord is a straight line joining two points on a circle, the diameter is an example of a chord (the longest possible one).
- A segment is the region between a chord and the arc it joins.
- A tangent is a straight line that touches a single point of a circle.
- A sector is the region between an arc and two radii.
- The full arc of a circle measures 360 degrees.
- A semicircle is a shape that forms half a circle, the arc of a semicircle measures 180 degrees.
- Circles have a high level of symmetry.
- A circle has the shortest perimeter of all shapes with the same area.
- The circle shape is a favorite of humans and can be seen in many designs.
- The invention of the wheel (a circle shape) was one of the most important in human history
Dia de π 2015 - Departamento de Matemáticas - I.E.S. Río Gállego